IMVU 209 – Shoes (clothing)
In this clothing item tutorial we take a look at making a simple pair of clog-like shoes in Blender (Blender 2.82 shown but any version can be used). The project starts from the Clothing Starter File (both female or male work) to which a Cube mesh is added, Add » Mesh » Cube, and shaped using the avatars foot as a guide. This is then UV unwrapped to specifically to make it easier to derive before being prepped, exported to FBX and assembled in IMVU.
Download: Starter Files for this exercise.
• Avatar Starter File | c. 8 MB.
• Alternative Clothing Starter Files (cf. more info below) | c. 2 MB.
Duration : c. 01:35:00 mins (c. 1 hr 35 mins).
Info : *.mp4 | 1080p | c.860 MB.
Project file : KatsBits – Simple Shoes (zip c. 3 MB – *.blend, *.fbx, *.png).
Product ID : 49032654.
Times are approximate;
• 00:00 – Starter File overview.
• 03:30 – Mesh editing & Smoothing.
• 30:00 – Materials & UV unwrapping/editing.
• 50:00 – Weight Painting.
• 01:03:00 – Avatar Foot & Mirroring.
• 01:21:00 – FBX Export & Final Adjustments.
Design note: see links below for more on topics shown in the video;
– Setting up left or right mouse click.
– What is Mesh Smoothing?.
– The basics of Blender.
– Material basics, using Nodes in Blender.
– IMVU compliant material names.