Making a simple pair of clog-like shoes for IMVU in Blender 2.8+ using the Clothing Starter File.
Timestamps (times are approximate)
• 00:00 – Starter File overview.
• 03:30 – Mesh editing & Smoothing.
• 30:00 – Materials & UV unwrapping/editing.
• 50:00 – Weight Painting.
• 01:03:00 – Avatar Foot & Mirroring.
• 01:21:00 – FBX Export & Final Adjustments.
Description : in this clothing item tutorial we take a look at making a simple pair of clog-like shoes in Blender 2.8+ (Blender 2.82 shown/used). The project starts from the Clothing Starter File (both female or male work) to which a Cube mesh is added, Add » Mesh » Cube, and shaped using the avatars foot as a guide. This is then UV unwrapped to specifically to make it easier to derive before being prepped, exported to FBX and assembled in IMVU.
Design note: see links below for more on topics shown in the video;
– Setting up left or right mouse click.
– What is Mesh Smoothing?.
– The basics of Blender 2.8.
– Material basics, using Nodes in Blender 2.8.
– IMVU compliant material names.