Making a simple furniture item for IMVU in Blender 2.8+ using the Furniture Starter File.
Timestamps (times are approximate)
• 00:00 – Starter File overview.
• 05:00 – Mesh editing.
• 11:00 – UV unwrapping/editing.
• 30:00 – Furniture Prep & FBX #1.
• 30:00 – Adding Pose/Seat spots.
• 45:00 – Multiple Materials & FBX #2.
Description : in this Furniture item tutorial we take a look at making a simple single seat couch. The project starts from the Furniture Starter File and the provided block which is modified in Edit Mode and UV unwrapped to form a basic seat that’s test imported into IMVU before further editing to include standard sitting and standing nodes so the furniture item can be used.
Duration : c. 01:00:00 mins.
Info : *.mp4 | 1080p | c.500 MB.
Project file : KatsBits – Furniture Seat (zip c. 4 MB – *.blend, *.fbx, *.tga).
Product ID : (coming soon) .
Design note: see links below for more on topics shown in the video;
– Setting up left or right mouse click.
– What is Mesh Smoothing?.
– The basics of Blender 2.8.
– Material basics, using Nodes in Blender 2.8.
– IMVU compliant material names.