Description & Info
In this video for Creatween, ne Halloween, 2020 (Live recorded Twitch stream, may include off-topic chat), we take a look at using Blender 2.83 LTS and the Accessory Starter Files to make a extra large Witches Coffee or brew cup.
Video I : the basic structures of the coffee/potion mug are made using a UV Sphere primitive for the pot and Cube for the feet and handle (Mesh » [object]) – it’s important to keep spherical shaped objects manageable by reducing the number of Segments and Rings (Add UV Sphere popup). Materials are then assigned, the objects joined (Alt + J) before being properly UV Unwrapped and edited using Pin. Everything is then imported into the Accessory Starter File using Append for prep, export, and assembly in IMVU (Classic and Studio).
Design note: see links below for more on topics shown in the video;
– Setting up left or right mouse click.
– What is Mesh Smoothing?.
– The basics of Blender 2.8.
– Material basics, using Nodes in Blender 2.8.
– IMVU compliant material names.
Times are approximate (chapter/timestamp markers).
Video I : Meshing – c. 1 hr 20 mins (01:20:00).
– 00:00 : Stream Start.
– 01:30 : Overview & Meshing.
– 08:00 : Adding Feet.
– 13:00 : Adding Handle.
– 22:00 : Materials.
– 25:00 : UV Unwrapping & Editing.
– 42:00 : Texture Painting.
– 1:00:00 : Accessory Prep.
– 1:09:00 : IMVU Assembly.
– 1:14:00 : IMVU Studio Assembly.