Description : in this Furniture Room tutorial we take a look at making a custom room for IMVU. The project starts from the default scene in Blender and a Plain mesh primitive (Add » Mesh » Plain) that’s shaped into a small apartment that’s then UV unwrapped and mapped before Append is used to bring the object into the Room Starter File for IMVU prep (furniture node, skeleton, etc. set up), export to *.fbx, and final import and assembly in IMVU.
Download: Starter Files for this exercise.
• Room Starter File | c. 3 MB.
Times are approximate;
• 00:00 – Overview & Mesh Editing.
• 21:00 – Materials & Images.
• 42:00 – UV unwrap & UV Map.
• 1:03:00 – Room File Overview & Append
• 1:10:00 – Nodes, Seats & Skeleton.
• 1:35:00 – FBX Export & IMVU Assembly.
Design note: see links below for more on topics shown in the video;
– Setting up left or right mouse click.
– What is Mesh Smoothing?.
– The basics of Blender.
– Material basics, using Nodes in Blender.
– IMVU compliant material names.