- Read the extended tutorial "Make a simple animated character: Red Ninja Cubie" (image heavy).
- Making a Cubie[TM] - the Red Ninja
Learn to make a simple low-poly character in Blender. Suitable for beginners.
Using Blender, the viewer is walked through the process of making a simple low-poly game character using core tools and features to edit a Cube primitive object through utilising the "box-extrusion
" technique, an essential skill for modelling in 3D. This installment covers the construction of the character from starting with the Default Scene to assigning a baked texture image.- Rigging and Animating the Red Ninja (not yet available).
- Source files freely available below for members.Alternative classroom ready no-audio version
(easing tutor instructed live narration).Basic Scene Navigation
- Middle-mouse click-hold drag (MMB
) = Rotate
- Shift+ MMB
click-hold drag left/right, up/down = Strafe
- Ctrl+ MMB
click-hold drag up/down = Zoom
scroll up/down = Zoom
- Additional general mouse controlsBasic Selection
- Left-click (LMB
) = activate/confirm/select property or option.
- Right-click (RMB
) = select mesh element/Scene object.
- Shift+ RMB
- Alt+ RMB
= 'loop' select.
= (De)Select All.
= Release selection.
= Confirm action.
- Other useful shortcuts