Sponsored Adverts

Author Topic: [Unity] Fantasy asset pack for maps, levels, environments  (Read 4968 times)

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
Re: [Unity] Fantasy asset pack for maps, levels, environments
« Reply #30 on: March 10, 2019, 08:50:45 PM »
just text in this update, it's also more related to scripting...

while testing my floor button scripts, which use the "auto activation" option from the trigger manager, as opposed to "manual activation" like levers use, i manged to break several times the double doors which were connected from the floor buttons.

they would become out of sync, so one half would be open and the other closed. i suspected this was due to the trigger manger having an "auto update" speed, where it switches between fast and slow updates, to save on cpu. problem is it's apparently unreliable.

so i'm removed the slow and auto update speeds and am now only using fast. it made the manager less complicated, which is good, but it currently means all triggers in a scene would be checked every physics frame.

i might write some system in the future, which enables and disables
triggers depending on the area the player or npc's are in, so giving the trigger manager less work to do.

Sponsored Adverts
RSS Content is copyright © KatsBits™ 2018 unless otherwise stated. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this web site may be reproduced (except for personal use, or otherwise stated) without prior written permission from KatsBits.com. For more infomation on copyright click here.
Web design cpdtAdvertisePrivacy PolicyDMCA (about DMCA) Home Store Workshops Blog Jobs Support About Katsbits Contact Site Search KatsBits Help Site Map RSS feed Forum YouTube FaceBook LinkedIn Twitter IMVU