Sponsored Adverts

Author Topic: WARNING: [path]/kmlamp_white.tga has empty alpha channel  (Read 1251 times)

Offline kat

• Administrator
WARNING: [path]/kmlamp_white.tga has empty alpha channel
« on: June 26, 2015, 03:47:10 AM »
Problem
What do -

Code: [Select]
"WARNING: models/mapobjects/kmlamp_white.tga has empty alpha channel"
and

Code: [Select]
"WARNING: brush plane with no normal"
mean?. I get a lot of each message in the console of radiant when loading my map. [vwperview]

Solution
First is harmless. Just means it doesn't have an alpha channel, which it doesn't NEED to have. The second is potentially more annoying. You have a brush with a f*cked up face which wont be shown. Vertex manipulation of the brush is likely to make it disappear and become a phantom brush, if it isn't already one. Brush cleanup will fix these. Alternatively, it could be a patch which you have manually rotated (NOT A GOOD IDEA), which is nasty, as you probably won't be able to see it in editor, but will show up in game. I (djbob) enhanced brush cleanup to sort these too. However, I never seem to have patched the changes.

To get rid of it, look through the map using notepad. If you see any patches which have co-ordinates that have a decimal point, round them manually. [djbob]

Sponsored Adverts
RSS Content is copyright © KatsBits™ 2017 unless otherwise stated. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this web site may be reproduced (except for personal use, or otherwise stated) without prior written permission from KatsBits.com. For more infomation on copyright click here.
Web design cpdtAdvertisePrivacy PolicyDMCA (about DMCA) Home Store Workshops Blog Jobs Support About Katsbits Contact Site Search KatsBits Help Site Map RSS feed Forum YouTube FaceBook LinkedIn Twitter IMVU