Sponsored Adverts

Author Topic: MAX_SUBMODELS exceeded  (Read 2546 times)

Offline kat

• Administrator
MAX_SUBMODELS exceeded
« on: June 26, 2015, 01:10:08 AM »
Problem
I got this message while i was loading up my map "MAX_SUBMODELS exceeded" can u help me plz! [darkalan]

Solution
Believe it or not, the error is more related to entities, not models. Correct me if I'm wrong, but I think you're limited to 255 brush entities. If you exceed that amount, you'll get the 'MAX_SUBMODLES exceeded' error. Keep in mind that you can make ONE brush entity out of SEVERAL brushes, and it only counts as one. [Grand Nagus]

[Addendum] The Q3Map and Q3Map2 compilers considers both models AND those made from brush-based Entities as valid game entities so the "Max_Submodels Exceeded" error can occur when the total entity count (allowance) is exceeded; although it's more likely to occur when using brush-based entities because they are much easier to construct, use and proliferate around a level. Where possible combine brush-based entities together per location, e.g. group a series of "func_static" entities together if they're in the same room. Or join models together for re-export as a larger entity, e.g. a set of lamp models belonging to a single room could be joined, reducing the number of entities whilst controlling the models visibility (only visible when the player in that given room/area). [kat]

Sponsored Adverts
RSS Content is copyright © KatsBits™ 2019 unless otherwise stated. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this web site may be reproduced (except for personal use, or otherwise stated) without prior written permission from KatsBits.com. For more infomation on copyright click here.
Web design cpdtAdvertisePrivacy PolicyDMCA (about DMCA) Home Store Workshops Blog Jobs Support About Katsbits Contact Site Search KatsBits Help Site Map RSS feed Forum YouTube FaceBook LinkedIn Twitter IMVU