Sponsored Adverts

Author Topic: Multiple Crossing Points for Patch - Can't Clip  (Read 1873 times)

Offline kat

• Administrator
Multiple Crossing Points for Patch - Can't Clip
« on: June 25, 2015, 10:21:05 PM »
Problem
Compiling an RtCW SP map with q3m2.2.38 I get this error cropping up multiple crossing points for patch - can't clip

It happens during the initial stage of a BSP compile (once it's run thru the shaders and 'longest curve' entries). It doesn't bork out the process (and q3map2 happily continues to do the rest of the process) so I just wondered what it meant.. I'm guessing it's something to do with a weird twist in a patch mesh somewhere (due to miss-aligned control points?) that means clipping the mesh isn't completed?? [kat]

Solution
IIRC that's due to a patch cutting the surface of a fog brush more than once, because the compiler can only split the patch once. [dayve]

Sponsored Adverts
RSS Content is copyright © KatsBits™ 2019 unless otherwise stated. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this web site may be reproduced (except for personal use, or otherwise stated) without prior written permission from KatsBits.com. For more infomation on copyright click here.
Web design cpdtAdvertisePrivacy PolicyDMCA (about DMCA) Home Store Workshops Blog Jobs Support About Katsbits Contact Site Search KatsBits Help Site Map RSS feed Forum YouTube FaceBook LinkedIn Twitter IMVU