Sponsored Adverts

Author Topic: MAX_LEAF_FACES  (Read 2363 times)

Offline kat

• Administrator
MAX_LEAF_FACES
« on: June 25, 2015, 09:53:22 PM »
Problem
Are there some unwritten rules concerning the making of portals? I have had to simplify the portal I made for my WIP considerably just to get it to compile. It appears that a portal's geometry cannot go beyond a certain level of complexity, nor can it be too large (i.e. the size of the world or larger). I got the...

Code: [Select]
MAX_LEAF_FACES
... error in the BSP stage when I attempted to construct some buildings from brushwork in my portal. I've now just made a few simple buildings, ASE'd them and cloned/rotated them, and there's no problems. Has anyone had this error before? What's the different between a BSP leaf's face and its portal? [seremtam]

Solution
This error occurs when you have too many drawsurfaces in a single BSP leaf. The max is 0x2000 (8192). You must have some exceedingly complex set of surfaces or are not using q3map_nonplanar or meta to merge stuff, or using _blocksize with a value too high or simply not splitting them map up enough.

I don't recall the last time I saw anyone get that error. [ydnar]

Additional note: or your skybox area is too complex. Try to keep it reasonable, because the 8192 leaf/surface max means you're limited to 8192 surfaces in your skybox. Usually less, since sky leaves tend to have other surfaces already in them.

Sponsored Adverts
RSS Content is copyright © KatsBits™ 2019 unless otherwise stated. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this web site may be reproduced (except for personal use, or otherwise stated) without prior written permission from KatsBits.com. For more infomation on copyright click here.
Web design cpdtAdvertisePrivacy PolicyDMCA (about DMCA) Home Store Workshops Blog Jobs Support About Katsbits Contact Site Search KatsBits Help Site Map RSS feed Forum YouTube FaceBook LinkedIn Twitter IMVU