Sponsored Adverts

Author Topic: 3D Modeling WIP Topic  (Read 97303 times)

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
Re: 3D Modeling WIP Topic
« Reply #240 on: September 28, 2016, 05:48:05 PM »
@asaesis, cool and which animation type are you using for your project? ...in blender we can render previews of just the bones without the mesh being visible, so we can clearly see the rigs. can your modeling app do that? ...and when you capture animations, if you can, please include the whole sequence. it's easier for us to imagine how the results will be used. plus it's smoother to watch if there aren't jump cuts. anyway, keep up the good work.

@kat, re: the hud, understood. and that bench animation is very cool, even if it's not physically accurate. i also liked how you showcased the scene from different angles. did you need more than just the start and end position keyframes? ...i like how the pieces rotate into place.

Offline kat

• Administrator
« Reply #241 on: November 08, 2016, 05:47:01 PM »
Was looking through some old files and came across a mod project that never made it. Was going to be a medieval roaming game but the engines terrain capabilities made that a big challenge (which was a contributing factor to the eventual math-balling IIRC). Shown is a library where the player was to be able to read up on stuff to do with the game (finding out how to kill certain monster - specific items had to be collected to use as weapon, could be organic materials or special sword).

Offline Asaeis Wi Vio

« Reply #242 on: February 17, 2017, 02:24:53 AM »
@asaesis, cool and which animation type are you using for your project? ...in blender we can render previews of just the bones without the mesh being visible, so we can clearly see the rigs. can your modeling app do that? ...and when you capture animations, if you can, please include the whole sequence. it's easier for us to imagine how the results will be used. plus it's smoother to watch if there aren't jump cuts. anyway, keep up the good work.

Hi Ratty,

We're using skeletal animations (.psk + .psa) for our character animations for this project :P

I'm using Blender to create said animations as shown earlier, also for now I'll probably have to pass on the offer of capturing the whole animation, I currently do not know how to record animation sequences and such in Blender; that previous .gif that I showcased before was created from sequencing seperate shots taken in Blender using Gimp, and took a shit-long time to put together :P , I assume there's a way to directly record a video from Blender, but I so far haven't gotten into that :).

Also, thanks mate.

Offline kat

• Administrator
"Cell"
« Reply #243 on: April 04, 2017, 02:53:27 AM »
Just a bit of Off Topic fun from doing normal content stuff. Live 3D View rendered (which nearly cripples the machine being used). A sphere with random extudes and manipulation, material based displacement assigned until something visually interesting happens (should be tinted slightly bluer than might appear - damn colour calibration is off between the two monitors being used.. grrr).

Sponsored Adverts
RSS Content is copyright © KatsBits™ 2017 unless otherwise stated. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this web site may be reproduced (except for personal use, or otherwise stated) without prior written permission from KatsBits.com. For more infomation on copyright click here.
Web design cpdtAdvertisePrivacy PolicyDMCA (about DMCA) Home Store Workshops Blog Jobs Support About Katsbits Contact Site Search KatsBits Help Site Map RSS feed Forum YouTube FaceBook LinkedIn Twitter IMVU