Sponsored Adverts

Author Topic: Animate Shadows?  (Read 2035 times)

Offline ACDmvmkr

Animate Shadows?
« on: December 28, 2013, 08:13:50 AM »
Is there a way to animate shadows on an object, so they can be played back later?

For instance, if I move an object between a light and a plane source with the shadows and ray tracing on, and it creates a shadow which moves across the surface of that plane, can I "save" the progression of that shadow as it moves across the surface?

I guess I'm asking if I can "bake" an animation of that shadow's movement, so that it can simply be played back without having to re-raytrace compute it again. This way I could just replay the shadow's movement on the plane like a movie, or other anmation, and quickly re-film it on the object from various different camera angles?

Oh, by the way.... for Blender version 2.49b

Thanks,...

Offline kat

• Administrator
Re: Animate Shadows?
« Reply #1 on: December 28, 2013, 01:43:43 PM »
It really depends on what you're doing it for as you wouldn't generally animate the shadow along a path, that would generally be done having a static shadow (say the outline of a low flying aircraft) mapped to a surface which is then animated as an object, via a path, or as shader/SFX in-game.

Tags:

Sponsored Adverts
RSS Content is copyright © KatsBits™ 2017 unless otherwise stated. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this web site may be reproduced (except for personal use, or otherwise stated) without prior written permission from KatsBits.com. For more infomation on copyright click here.
Web design cpdtAdvertisePrivacy PolicyDMCA (about DMCA) Home Store Workshops Blog Jobs Support About Katsbits Contact Site Search KatsBits Help Site Map RSS feed Forum YouTube FaceBook LinkedIn Twitter IMVU