KatsBits Community

Brink (OpenGL) & Intel graphics chips/cards

kat · 2 · 9613

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Half expected this to happen so I'm not exactly 100% disappointed when it actually did. Splash Damages "Brink" doesn't like Intel GMA/HD graphics chipsets. Or to be a little more technically correct. Intel doesn't like Brink and/or the latest crop of OpenGL based games (is this another "DX or Die" from Microsoft?). I say "latest" because Elder Scrolls: Oblivion runs, obviously it's a good few years old now (it still has mileage) and does make use of the latest GL features/services/etc..

Looking around the net, the specific error - "FATAL ERROR: RES1010: Invalid operation - sdTexture: _vtdiffuse" - seems to show up in quite (especially) frequently where Intel gfx chipsets are concerned, even the supposed more powerful and adept HD series, with game crashes or game start failures that look like there's a fundamental problem with the way Intel drivers are handling/calling up the GL system for use. Also appears that Rage has similar issues and it's interesting to note that nearly all the issues associated with the game are 'Windows' based; is it really no wonder why developers are slowly but inexorably dropping support for the PC as a platform; it's becoming increasingly cost ineffective, especially with Microsoft's apparent lackadaisical attitude to platform issues.

Must say though, one is more than happy to support SD through the purchase of Brink irrespective. *up* to the guys there.

WARNING: SetDeviceGammaRamp failed.
FATAL ERROR: RES1010: Invalid operation - sdTexture: _vtdiffuse: Generated with internal format 0x8c4d but GL returned 0x1

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Updated driver to 8.15.10.2509, game now runs, i.e. it doesn't crash out.