Sponsored Adverts

Author Topic: [detailmap] where are the detailmaps in COD4?  (Read 4275 times)

Offline yeedoo

[detailmap] where are the detailmaps in COD4?
« on: December 18, 2010, 03:35:05 PM »
i am using the cod4 assets manager.
i want to know how and where could i use the detailmap
thanks in advance.

Offline kat

• Administrator
Re: [detailmap] where are the detailmaps in COD4..
« Reply #1 on: December 18, 2010, 08:12:51 PM »
I've not got the game myself but at a guess it's either going to be a separate texture image (in the same folder or location as the original, or, in a separate 'details' directory) or they may have used the alpha channel on one of the textures. It could also be a 'generic' image in the same way Unreal applies the same 'detail' image to everything.

Offline silicone_milk

• VIP
Re: [detailmap] where are the detailmaps in COD4?
« Reply #2 on: February 09, 2011, 12:40:08 PM »
Sorry to bump this thread but you should perhaps try looking at the existing model assets and see how detail maps are applied (if they are).

I don't remember ever applying any detail maps to any of the models I worked on during my time working with CoD 4.

The only parts that were of interest to me were the diffuse, specular, and normal maps.

Tags:

Sponsored Adverts
RSS Content is copyright © KatsBits™ 2017 unless otherwise stated. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this web site may be reproduced (except for personal use, or otherwise stated) without prior written permission from KatsBits.com. For more infomation on copyright click here.
Web design cpdtAdvertisePrivacy PolicyDMCA (about DMCA) Home Store Workshops Blog Jobs Support About Katsbits Contact Site Search KatsBits Help Site Map RSS feed Forum YouTube FaceBook LinkedIn Twitter IMVU