A hearty welcome to the new and improved forums for KatsBits.Posting new topics
Where ever possible append a 'tag' before the topic title, for example [Q3], [Q4], [UT3], [CE3] and so on, as it helps to quickly assess subjects and helps with searching the forum topics.Screen shots and images posted to the forum
should be kept to a maximum
of 720 pixels width/height
- larger images can be linked to. Members can use attachments (where available). Also consider providing information about what you're showing so readers know what's what."[Blender]" for anything related to using Blender
"[Q4]", "[CoD]", "[UT3]", "[UDK]" etc. for posts related to specific games
"[WIP]" for posting progress or work-in-progress topics
.. and so onWhat's this place about
Using Blender 3D as a tool of choice for creating new or editing pre-existing content for various computer games that allow it.Can I discuss anything I want?
Pretty much, yes, but keep in mind this is a game editing forum so topics should be related to that or the post to which you're replying.Do I need to register?
To post or reply to topics, yes. Reading information doesn't require registration. Registration is required to keep a check in place to limit spam attacks.Please keep the following in mind at all times
- No pRon links: adult material may be permitted within context of a discussion, i.e. nude references for character models etc. Note however that KatsBits forum is 'rated' 13 or above so it is recommended posters 'self censor', in a mature manner, and in a way that respects the "NSFW" ("Not Safe For Work"), "NSFPD" ("Not Safe For Public Display") or "NSFM" ("Not Safe For Minors") nature of that type of material. On this particular point KatsBits reserves the Right to remove material where appropriate.
- No unsolicited spam: posts by spam bots or people registering to post dubious links to medical supplies will be deleted and the user banned.
- No image based signatures: experience has shown signatures are too easily abused, make it difficult to read messages and use up unnecessary amounts of bandwidth that could better serve the content of the forum and site in general. Members have the ability to add 'text' based signature.
- No avatars: Saves on bandwidth and again is something often abused so avatars are disabled.