KatsBits Community

How do I add eyes to UniHuman?

sam1 · 19 · 20025

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
That's pretty decent relative to what you're having to work with. Don't worry about using the render engine for your screenshots, there's a button in the 3DView header which looks like a little picture (should be far right of all the other layer buttons and what have you). Click that and it'll capture the scene based on what you're looking at.

The eye looks like some of the faces are still pointing the wrong way. In Edit mode, find the "Mesh Tools More" panel and click the "Draw Normals" button, a tonne of blue lines will appear. Use these to help you figure out which way around the faces are pointing - they should point 'outwards'. Also check the UVW map to make sure that's done correctly as it looks like it still mapping each of the faces individually.

Offline sam1

I fixed those eyes by going inside her head again and selecting the ones pointing inwards and flipped normals. Now the eyes are totally visible and no more missing parts. Thank you again.

Hurray, I found out how to get the model textured in platinum arts sandbox. In the uh model man.md5mesh that comes with the platinum arts sandbox is lines that were missing from my md5mesh.

mesh {
   // meshes: body

shader "/home/tha/Desktop/laptop/Desktop/blender/unihuman/man-textured02/body-ampel-shirt.tga"

mesh {
   // meshes: head

shader "/home/tha/Desktop/laptop/Desktop/blender/unihuman/man-textured02/head-proj2.tga"

mesh {
   // meshes: legs

shader "/home/tha/Desktop/laptop/Desktop/blender/unihuman/man-textured02/legs2-jeans.tga"

The missing lines were:

// meshes: body
// meshes: head
// meshes: legs

After adding those lines in their proper places by opening the mesh with texteditor and saving when finished I was happy to find out she had skin finally:
http://img717.imageshack.us/img717/1880/screenshot120841.png 

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Thanks for posting but you may need to check with the author of UniHuman to see if you can distribute that file (even though it's just a static mesh version).