KatsBits Community

[blender] Sending out Changing Property Values with Message Actuator?

Morbott · 2 · 10431

Offline Morbott

• Defunct
I have a situation where The values generated for a property, in an overlay scene, need to be sent out as a message so that other objects in other scenes can react (in their own special way).
Now I read something about the message actuator being able to send out the values of a property. I'm not totally clear on how this is done. Following that... in one of these other scenes, I would then use a message sensor (I guess) to  regester that message... but say I need those values being broadcast to be used to determine the frame count for an ipo actuator? Is this possible?
I'd prefer it to be logic block based... I can't program so any python solutions would just fly over my head. I can make since of the blocks though.
I'm new to this forum so I apologise if I'm posting this in the wrong place.
Thanks for any help you can offer me.
M

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Welcome.. no worries, moved to the right place.

You're going to need to give a bit more background on what you're trying to do here.. or rather the context. What is it exactly that you're trying to do?. As you can appreciate what you've described is quite 'broad'. Additionally what version(s) of Blender are you using? (Python, OS etc). Is it a 'constant' or 'one-off' (stored) message you need to display?