Game Editing > IMVU Creator Community

Blender Head Shapekeys

(1/3) > >>

EdieMaye:
Hello everyone,

How're we all doing?

I am here today because I am trying to find a way to export a static head shapekey, (morph,) from Blender into IMVU's create mode. Utilizing the Females04(shapekeys).blend file found within this forum. I apply a value of 1 to: blink.Left.Upper.Clamped, blink.Left.Lower.Clamped and their counterparts to make the eyes close.

I plan to use it for a simple pose, but I am having trouble finding information on how this would be done. Would anyone have information on getting this to appear under the .XPF file directory? Tutorials seem to be very heavily based elsewhere other than Blender.

Thank you for your time,
EdieMaye

kat:
You essentially want the eyes to be closed all the time? That's possible exporting a morph that's set up to loop in Create Mode - load the morph and set the loop parameters then add the trigger.

But...

I get the impression you want the mesh itself to be fixed in a particular pose? If that's the case you'd need to 'convert' the morph pose, essentially freezing the mesh in position. It would then need to be exported as a mesh-only head replacement.

EdieMaye:
Your first guess was the appropriate answer. I want a trigger that will initiate the closed eyes morph.

The only issue I am having is that what seems straight forward isn't being recognized as a facial morph in IMVU when I Import an FBX file with the shapekeys active. I'd be able to set the parameters just fine, but I am not sure what isn't being exported from my Blender properly to bring the possible trigger into IMVU.

I've animated the Shapekeys already, but it's different than exporting an animation/action like a .XAF file and this is what I am not grasping.

EdieMaye:
(Update)

Okay I went back into it and animated the shapekeys for my .XPF file as I mentioned in my first post with the closed eyelids. Setting it up like I would a static pose. Afterward I went to my dope sheet (Under Pose Mode) and set it up the same way under the same frames. Keyframe on frame 1 copy/pasting, (all bones,) that to 20, and then cleared the pose transformation at 40. This export seemed to work, and I was able to finally import my .XPF with absolute success. Name was super long, but it worked nonetheless as a static facial expression.

The process seemed a bit more tedious than necessary, and I would like to know if there is a simpler way to do this on Blender than what I had done. Or, to at least simplify the name because it's over 100 characters long.

Thank you,
EdieMaye

EdieMaye:
(Update)

I figured the name thing out. Just went into the folder once imported into IMVU and renamed the .XPF file name. But, the facial morph will cancel any .XAF animation if I change it to anything other than an infinite loop. It appears that I managed one method, but my set-up for import wasn't exactly as I needed. It seems I created a pose with shapekeys included, instead of a simple shapekey for the head animation.

Sorry for the barrage of posts, I just need a trigger to close my eyes is all.

Thanks,
EdieMaye

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version