Game Editing > Scripts & Support

[MD5] EXPORT script for Blender 2.6x (OPEN)

<< < (45/46) > >>

Ganataphy:
Can anyone explain what is going on here?
I keep trying to export md5mesh and md5 anim models using Blender 2.75 with the latest version of the KatsBits md5 exporter, but everytime that happens I just keep getting the mess depicted below, where ALL THE BONES ARE REALIGNED, destroying the entire hierarchy and positioning I had originally specified.

Suggestions to insert a root bone at 0,0,0 (is this EVEN possible?) and to make it non-deformable by unchecking "Deform" have also failed to prevent the problem from recurring.

I am really pressed for time and there is very little information to go around on what exactly is causing this issue. I've tried five different tutorials, redid the armature, apply changes in dimension and so forth, but NOTHING WORKS. Is there something wrong or am I just another stupid noobe as usual?

kat:
The script does work for 2.75a so it's not that causing the problem per se. Also when exporting are you exporting BOTH *.md5mesh and *.md5anim at the same time, or just choosing to export one or the other - EITHER *.md5mesh OR *.md5anim (you're exporting only the mesh or only the animation)? Post a screenshot of what your character or object should look like.

Indecently, yes whatever is being animated the rig needs to have a 'root' or 'master' bone to which everything is parented/chained, that bone acts as a positional anchor so if the rig doesn't have one that might explain why it collapses in on itself.

Ganataphy:
I can't export md5anim, I need an md5mesh first. But attempting to export the following model below resulted in the following faults:

* Bone structure was broken, all heads of bones were aligned to 0,0,0
* Bones were distorted out of proportionThe only thing that worked was the md5anim, and even then the md5anim files were useless.

I have no idea what is going on. I rigged it with empty groups connected to bones, I parented the multiple meshes of the scene to the armature, I also set a SINGLE root bone, but to no avail. Are you trying to say that EVERY bone has to be parented to BOTH the root bone as well to whatever other bones they are linked? it does not make sense because some bones such as those controlling eyes were soon relinked by the MD5 exporter to the root bone (or whatever passed for it). Moreover AFAIK you can't have an object have multiple parents under Blender.

kat:
The 'root' or 'master' bone is just that, the 'root' of the entire rig, it sits at the very top of the skeletons hierarchy similar to like this;

--- Code: ---root
> hips
> > legs
> > spine
> > > arms
> > > head
--- End code ---

If you try to export a rig without one the result is similar to what you're seeing; output considers the first bone of each chain as a 'root', re-positioning the 'head' end of the bone to "0".

You should be able to export the mesh and rig without a animation but it might be worth creating a single framed Action so something is there export can reference - its possible that exporting without an animation could collapse the rig but that's unlikely as the 'bindpose' (the default position of each bone) is usually baked as reference.

You can export multiple mesh at the same time so long as they are correctly parented/linked to the Armature so that shouldn't be the issue.

If you have any Modifiers assigned to any of the bones try removing them and exporting the raw rig to see if the problem persists.

Ganataphy:
You will have to give me some time to experiment with it. My skills at Blender are fairly rudimentary, and extend only so far as rigging and texturing is concerned - modelling and unwrapping takes place under 3ds Max 5.1.

All I can say is that I do the following:

* New armature is established by inserting and extruding bones, then repositioning bones in Edit mode.
* Meshes are parented to the armature (not bones) with empty vertex groups.
* Weight paint is then used to dictate which vertex groups are valid for which parts of the mesh.
* Animations are done using Pose mode.
This is all I do, nothing more, nothing less. Is there something missing from my armature/rigging workflow that is causing the issue of bone heads re-aligning?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version