Sponsored Adverts

Author Topic: [IMVU] Lighting problems with hair mesh  (Read 870 times)

Offline Jhaeza

[IMVU] Lighting problems with hair mesh
« on: January 17, 2018, 10:41:32 AM »
Hello community,

I have some issues with an hair mesh, that I'm currently working on. It's not done yet but I wanted to see the parts I've done on IMVU. There are some problems with the lightning I suppose but I don't know why.

This is how it looks on Blender:

And this is the preview on IMVU:

There are some strands of hair, which show the texture correctly (brighter) and a few ones are darker. When I enable self-illuminating, it all works fine but I don't want it as an option.

So how can I change that? I don't know what I did wrong in Blender. There were some strands, which I rotated and stuff but they seem to work fine and the texture is actually working correctly, too. IMVU just makes them darker, then they naturally are.

I hope, that you can help me out with that.  :-X
Any help is appreciated. Thank You.

Cheers, Jhaeza

Offline kat

• Administrator
Re: [IMVU] Lighting problems with hair mesh
« Reply #1 on: January 18, 2018, 06:47:45 PM »
That's generally due to Mesh Smoothing... The object/s is/are a single continuous surface which means the renderer can't figure out how surfaces should illuminate and shade (darken) relative to each other. This basically - https://www.katsbits.com/tutorials/blender/sword-mesh-smoothing.php

To solve you need to use "Sharp" edge markings and/or make sure they are applied ("Object > Apply") before export (if using FBX there's an option to "Apply Modifiers").

BTW, changed the topic title, you wrote "lightning" instead of "lighting"

Sponsored Adverts
RSS Content is copyright © KatsBits™ 2018 unless otherwise stated. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this web site may be reproduced (except for personal use, or otherwise stated) without prior written permission from KatsBits.com. For more infomation on copyright click here.
Web design cpdtAdvertisePrivacy PolicyDMCA (about DMCA) Home Store Workshops Blog Jobs Support About Katsbits Contact Site Search KatsBits Help Site Map RSS feed Forum YouTube FaceBook LinkedIn Twitter IMVU