Sponsored Adverts

Author Topic: The installshield engine (iKernel.exe) could not be installed  (Read 3411 times)

Offline kat

• Administrator
Problem
Maybe this one has come up before (even though I couldn't find it) but I get a strange error when I try to install GtkRadiant (1.2.1). The install program throws up a error;

"The installshield engine (iKernel.exe) could not be installed. The cannot read from the specified drive"

Anybody seen this before? [miez]

Solution
I've had this error in the past when trying to install from a 'corrupted' copy of the program - usually when trying to install from a CD backup of the app. I found that either re-downloading the app or copying it (from the CD) onto the hard-drive usually solved the problem.. seems especially so under Win98..!

Sponsored Adverts
RSS Content is copyright © KatsBits™ 2019 unless otherwise stated. All Rights Reserved.
No part of this web site may be reproduced (except for personal use, or otherwise stated) without prior written permission from KatsBits.com. For more infomation on copyright click here.
Web design cpdtAdvertisePrivacy PolicyDMCA (about DMCA) Home Store Workshops Blog Jobs Support About Katsbits Contact Site Search KatsBits Help Site Map RSS feed Forum YouTube FaceBook LinkedIn Twitter IMVU