Game Editing > Scripts & Support

[MD3] EXPORT script for Blender 2.5+/2.6+

(1/15) > >>

motorsep:
Current available MD3 export scripts - test for compatibility before use.

* MD3 export for 2.63a with "tag_" support (cf mexicouger)
* MD3 export +sample for Blender 2.63a (updated by CoDEmanX)
* MD3 export script for 2.60a (modified by dmc)
* MD3 exporter for 2.57b from KotInAction
* MD3 exporter for 2.53 and others from the Tools pageBasic MD3 prep and export instructions can be found below

* How to export MD3 meshes from Blender
[edit addition by kat]

I downloaded MD3 exporter for Blender 2.53+, however, I don't see it in the list after installing the add-on in Blender 2.57b :/ Does anyone have the same issue? What's the solution? Thanks.

kat:
Yeah it won't, it needs to be updated to work in 2.57 both in terms of it showing up in the AddOns list and actually exporting correctly because of the changes made to Blender. As of right now you're better off sticking with what works (2.53?).

motorsep:
There ya go, MD3 exporter is back in business: http://www.kot-in-action.com/files/blender/io_export_md3.py

Good people made it work again, in Blender 2.57b, but it needs testing.

kat:
Tested this (using MD3JavaView) with my buneh character and the script does output an MD3 file with associated animation but it's not automatically creating the file set need for "Quake 3" - in the java viewer this means it can't find the *.cfg file that contains the texture, animation data so the mesh appears black in the viewer. That's a problem with the set up rather than output though.

Cheers for updating, I'll mirror the file in the tools section.

Animation export
- Only exporting active animation sequence (good/bad depending on your point of view).
- double check "Start:" and "End:" frames are set correctly per animation.

motorsep:
I don't think you need .cfg file for the texture.. It's gotta be .skin file, no?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version