Game Editing > 3D Modeling & Content Creation

3D Modeling WIP Topic

(1/54) > >>

kat:
Post your 3D modelling WIPs in this topic. This is stickied so it stays at the top of the forum.

Please remember to keep images to a maximum of 720 pixels in width/height, linking out to larger images where necessary. You should also consider providing details and information about what you're doing so others know what's what without repeatedly asking for it.

Old WIP topic on previous forums (no longer available), lots of work can be seen there.

ratty redemption:
kat, are we starting this topic again or merging the one from the old forum? I don't mind either way, just curious :)

kat:
Continuation.. I'll be adding a link to the old one when I get a chance.

ratty redemption:
understood, cool and here's some images of my latest tests with projection painting and layering normal maps in blender:

the 1st image shows the result of projection painting used to make the rock's base normalmap. the 2nd image shows one of the normalmap layers used in the projection painting and the rock's high frequency normals enabled in the material slot. and the 3rd image has the crack normals enabled.

one of coolest things I found was that projection painting will work with glsl mode, so  we can see a real time preview as we paint the normalmaps :)

ratty redemption:
I think I've got the basic art and tech worked out now for these rocks, so next on my to do list is add in more cracks to their detail layer, which will also be tileable so can be used on the rest of the rocks in this group.

edit: there isn't any custom spec or ao maps shown here, I'll make those after I've finished the crack layer.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version