KatsBits Community

blender 2.66 rc1 display all edges?

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
    • ratty's deviantart pages
"3d view > properties > display > all edges" seems to be missing in 2.66 rc1, have they moved it? the previous version of blender i've been using which does have it is 2.63.

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Are you using a Release Candidate there? Blender 2.66 went public today so it might be worth installing that to double check (note the site is getting hammered ATM) - sometimes features are omitted from RC's but put back in full.

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
thanks kat and yes rc1 is a release candidate, i'll try the full version.

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Yep.. it's not there in 2.66. Check the bug tracker, blender.orgs' forum and/or blenderartists to see if it's been removed or moved somewhere else (the feature is available in 2.64 and 2.65 BTW).

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
a guy called stan on the ba forums said it's been moved:

"properties window > object tab > display panel"

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Ah yep, confirmed. If you get a chance, can you post a couple of screenshots of what that is actually supposed to do in practice? I've never noticed anything different when it's on or off  ???

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
thanks, and i will do asap. it's very useful for some models.

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
here's a couple of images showing it's effect. in the 2nd image notice the wireframe rings around the tentacle/arm type parts of the model, without "draw all edges" it's near impossible to see where they are in object mode. in edit mode, i don't think it makes as much difference if any.

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Oooh I see! I've always wondered what that setting did as I've never really noticed any difference. You learn something new every day!

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
he he, i'm glad to have been of help, also relieved the devs didn't completely remove this feature, even if they did hide it away.

ot: i've been intending for a while to update my wip psy trance topic here at katsbits, as i've recently been working on the foreground objects, of which you can see one above, also i've made quite a lot of improvement with the compositor effects, hopefully you guys will find it somewhat interesting.

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Just added a tutorial to the site covering this feature... ironically I have used it before (thought I hadn't) but because it's not a default setting, and you don't necessarily miss it being absent, I've not used it much. So yep, thanks for the reminder on this one. Tutorial can be had here.

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP