KatsBits Community

Return to Castle Wolfenstein and Enemy Territory source code GPL released

kat · 6 · 13594

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits

id software announced that Wolfenstein: Enemy Territories source code is being released under GPL. There's no official press release/announcement available yet but you can find out more details on the Splash Damage website.

"During his annual QuakeCon keynote speech last night, John Carmack mentioned that the full Wolfenstein: Enemy Territory source code is now available under the GNU General Public License."

Source can be downloaded from the following locations: id Software FTP, Rapidshare and Splash Damage

[UPDATE] According to a number of sources[alt][alt], id software have also released the actual source code for Return to Castle Wolfenstein, similarly under GPL, which can be downloaded here for Single Player source, and here for Multi-Player source.

Offline pazur

Looking forward to some awesome mods  ;D

http[://]xreal-project[.]net/?p=362 <- this one looks promising

[EDIT] link disabled, no longer associated with the XReal game project. kat

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Very impressive vid for such 'old' tech all tweaked up like that.

What is Tr3B doing with this other than releasing an ET version of XReal? I'm slightly confused by this;
"And that’s the next point. As some people expected … the original XreaL game project is dead and I won’t waste my resources on dealing with artists again."
Was there some bad mojo hanging around with the original XReal project or something?

[EDIT]I just thought... I wonder if this XReal:ET stuff can be used for RtCW single player!?