KatsBits Community

Help! Troublesome Vertex!

Offline ACDmvmkr

I've been rigging a control armature for a human model. Over the past few weeks I've managed to smooth out many of the problems, but now I've got this one stubborn vertex which seems to stick out from the rest of it's assigned group.

I've dealt with these problems before, and eventually find them rather quickly and eliminate the cross influence from whatever other bone was dragging on them by mistake....but this one I CANNOT track down!

I've spent all day today carefully going through all the bones on my armature (all 116 of them - three times), and I cannot figure out what's tugging on it. The bone it's supposed to be is properly assigned, and no other bones appear to be on it (at least not that I can tell by searching and procedurally deleting influence).

Is there a way to check an individual vertex and see all the properties, settings, and influences assigned to it, most specifically in my case, the weight paint influences?

I'm totally out of ideas now.

Thanks

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
    • ratty's deviantart pages
not sure if this will give the exact info your after but in "3d view > edit mode > properties > vertex groups" it will show all groups a selected vertex belongs to and list their weights. at least it does in 2.63, i haven't used this feature in newer versions of blender.

note: the panel only shows up if selected verts belong to at least one group, if no verts are selected the panel is hidden.

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Here's a pic in case you can't find it. Also note iirc this isn't available in older versions of Blender so if you're using 2.49 you might need to temporarily open the file into a newer version so you can see the information before editing it appropriately in the one you're using. Shortcut for Transform Properties is "N" by the way.