KatsBits Community

[closed] 3D artist request

lizdub · 1 · 17413

Offline lizdub

• Defunct
[CLOSED/COMPLETED]

Hey Everyone!

Allow me to begin by introducing myself... my name's Jeff, and I'm a director of a well known internet eCard company that operates in Venice, CA. Our typical pipeline involves shooting keyed live action dancing and overlaying it onto a 2D illustrated environment, however with the intent of upping our production value, I was hoping to instead start working with 3D artists that will allow us to achieve a more realistic amount of parallax by means of motion tracked camera moves.

Currently the goal is to find someone with the ability to model/texture the interior of a pre-existing dance hall using photo reference. The hall is from a very popular movie with a cult-following, so it's important to match as closely to the original environment as possible.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=V0SqS2QJdj8

The final deliverable files will need to include the full environment in a single OBJ with baked textures/shadows, so if you typically work with Cycles, this might not be the job for you. Realism is important, but doesn't need to be SO detailed that you replicate every nook and cranny. (think Playstation2 rather than Pixar) Speed is also a huge factor in this project, as we'd like a finished model built from start to finish within a 3-4 week span, and will likely start in the next week, so schedules should be open for the next month. Artists also don't need to be local, however if solid communication skills are appreciated for those working remotely.

If this is a project you're interested in, please send an e-mail to adudenamedjeff@yahoo.com with the following:
-link to website or demoreel featuring previous work (architectural examples or entire rooms are much preferred to character designs or single objects)
-a simple OBJ model which features baked in shadow textures on a ground plane (so we can make sure your methods work with our pipeline)

Submissions should be sent no later than Sunday night (July 15th), as we'll be reviewing and reaching out to artists on Monday morning. This is a paid gig, and wages will be discussed when a decision has been made. If you have any other questions, don't hesitate to ask!

Thanks so much for taking the time, and I'll be looking forward to seeing your work!

-Jeff