Game Editing > General Content Creation

Technical WIP

(1/7) > >>

kat:
A WIP topic for those of the left brained inclination (coders).

Screen shots and images should be kept to a maximum for 800 pixels width/height. Also consider providing information about what you're showing so readers know what's what.

carnage:
Hi guys, been a while but I have been pretty busy lately. Thought I would show of some of the latest work on my thesis. Its a real time colour deficiency simulator implemented using high level shader language.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=kR99nzWr8mc
Cant work out how to emebed the video into this post...

Should have some more to show soon simulating other visual deficncies such as cateracts and macular degeneration.

kat:
That was interesting, not what I would have expected based on what you've experimented with in the past. What made you decide to focus on this? And yeah, you have to 'link' to YouTube vids because the < embed > is html, which is turned off.

carnage:
Well I was trying to get a project in procedural generation but after some initial tests and looking around for literature it dint seem to really be working out. I have fairly reasonable game development skills but game development doesn't really translate well into a serious academic exercise for a thesis.

One of my tutors was looking into this subject for a possible PhD and had an interested in game technologies and wondered if they could be applied to solve this problem so it seem like a project that was tailored to my skillet and had a serious academic background.

Currently the system is only using 2D image but soon I will be implementing depth based impairments like far and short sightedness and will require some kind of 3D environment. Since the project is not based on 3D design there is no restrictions about using other people work, so expect some begging for 3D assets in the near future  ;)

silicone_milk:
Wow that really was interesting. As Kat said, not expected. But still pretty neat.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version