KatsBits Community

YouTube comment forum section

kat · 6 · 10958

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Well... since Google completely messed up video comments on YouTube with the recent 'populist' changes it's now become increasingly difficult to hold a question/answer conversation whenever someone ask something of one of the video tutorials posted to KatsBits channel. With that in mind a new section has been added to the forum that solves this problem by posting each tutorial video to it's own topic to which you can now comment if you have questions about anything you see in the videos; this is the only way to 'thread' replies as YouTube don't appear to be interested in returning comments to their previous format. Guest posting is on (and moderated) in that section but it's recommended you create an account as guests have limited features.

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
I've just got to go through the tutorial vids now on YouTube itself and point each one to it's topic in here! I've no idea why they switched to this 'popular' system as it just makes the whole system a disorganised mess for tutorial videos - I read somewhere that it was just prevent spam comments as only popular posts would be promoted to the top.

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
    • ratty's deviantart pages
understood and although i don't like how youtube keep screwing up things that worked fine, are you aware if you scroll down comments there is usually a link to another page which contains all the comments for that video, although i'm not sure what order they are in.

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Yes, they're listed chronologically. Only trouble is you can't see the video you're commenting on (other than a couple of thumbnails). :-\