KatsBits Community

[Blender 2.63] issues, problems & changes

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
    • ratty's deviantart pages
"Select > Quad"/"Select > Triangle"... I can't find them, have they been removed due to bmesh using ngons? and if so, any idea if these tools will be implemented again in future builds?

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Looks like they have, even a search using 'Find' (Space bar) doesn't pull them in. So yes, might be related to Ngons because of the way that works like you say. Never really used the feature myself, although just looking at it now in response to this I can see why it'd be useful.

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
    • ratty's deviantart pages
thanks for checking your end kat, i have just found it though, it's been renamed to by number of verts and is found in the 3d view > edit mode > select menu

the cool thing about this updated tool is the tool shelf allows us to then select the number, so 3 would find all tris and 4 would find quads, which is very useful for games modeling, and i assume 5 onwards would find ngons.

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Ah yes, that makes sense then because nGons hold/can be made from more that the traditional number of verts. So... 3DView "Select > Quads" and "Select > Triangles" has been replaced with 3DView "Select > By Number of Verts", and altering the "Number of Vertices" in the subsequent ToolShelf options.