Game Editing > General Content Creation

General WIP

(1/14) > >>

kat:
A WIP topic to contain shots from or of levels, maps, environments and general game content that isn't modeled (but can contain models) - not game specific.

Screen shots and images should be kept to a maximum for 800 pixels width/height - members can use attachments. Also consider providing information about what you're showing so readers know what's what.

kat:
I've been rummaging through my old RtCW archive and found some bits and pieces I had completely forgotten about. The corridoor section was originally a separate idea I had for another level but it found it's way into what was originally SP Generator, the level that never made it (got too complex and ran out of entities).

Funny thing is I wonder how long it'll be before mobile and small form factor devices will be able to play games like Quake 3, RtCW and their ilk; there's got to be a lot of income potential in the huge back catalogues of publishers and developers.

Shaderman:
Nice videos kat.

I found some old screenshots showing two pieces of an unfinished Enemy Territory map:

The dome(?) of the towers is a model, everything else is brushwork I made wih Radiant. I remember that bump mapping/phong shader trouble I had... :)

I live near Heidelberg (Germany) where the original bridge and its tower are.

Asaeis Wi Vio:
I'm currrently working on a Quake 2 map for the Berserker engine, which currently features new shaders such as luminosity maps, filter maps and such, and I have also made a dynamic skybox in order to support a day-night cycle. However, hopefully I can find a way to change the shape of the sky'box' so that it is more like a dome or a sphere, as when the sky is applied to the box, the seams and shape of the box tend to break the impression of the way the sky looks.

Here is a video demonstration of the map so far:

Demo

This is currently my first map for Quake 2, and also my first map with Radiant apart from a small testroom I made for Quake 4.

The later version which features a dynamic skybox currently doesn't work until I find a way to increase the bounds of the map from the 8192x8192x8192 Quake 2 default, I think the engine will probably be able to handle it. The blue light shaders with their luminosity and various filter maps were made by me, but everything else which comes with a special texture pack dedicated to the berserker engine.

The berserker engine features entirely dynamic per pixel lighting, so eventually when I get the sun aswell as the day-night cycle to work, as the sun moves through the sky, the shadows on the world will move in conjunction with it. So any shadows on mountains, buildings, structures and features will all move as the time of day changes.

Here are some other textures i've made for it, which are in the later version:

Strogg Insignia

Dynamic Skybox:
Day
North
East
South
West
Night

Landing pad - Base concrete/parallaxed texture is from the Berserker texturepack

I also made a few more insignias which resemble Strogg units which I intend to put in the relevent places.

I also need to fix the lighting in that stairway which connects to the landing pad, I can manually add ambient light to account for the bounce, but i'm not sure how to implament that realistically.

kat:
@ Shaderman: you did a pretty decent job with both the bridge and the gateway/house, very interesting and distinct design.

@Asaeis: I'm not sure how the Beserker engine works but one thing you might want to look into is adding a second low value light that's in the opposite direction to the main source. The problem you have right now is that your shadows are pretty much pitch black, whilst they look ok players find them very annoying (a-la the lesson learned by idsoftware on Doom 3). Other than that, brushwork looks fine. Keep and eye on tight spots and bottle necks so make sure to use PlayerClips if available.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version