KatsBits Community

blender wip psy ambient trance music video project

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
    • ratty's deviantart pages
he he, thanks kat. eventually that will happen.

off topic: did you find time to check the session cookies? i still keep getting logged out when i close my browser.

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
for anyone still interested in this blender project, i should have updated this topic about 3 months ago when i finally finished the first of the music videos. since then i've been very focused on my indie games project, and haven't done any more of the psy art, although i do intend to in the future.

anyway, here's links to the deviant art and youtube versions. the latter is more compressed but in 720p:

http://fav.me/d8ydgrr

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ZDSYx0ACvTc

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Can't watch that sort of stuff for too long as it gets disorientating (which is its purpose I guess!), good to see the project finale.

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
thanks kat.

and yes, there are several optical tricks i used to create the over all effect. one of which is there is a segment about 3/4 into the video that slowly turns the "room" upside down, while at the same time bending/warping the floors and walls etc. some people enjoy the result, while others have reported a motion sickness type sensation. i also reverse the last tunnel segment, towards the end of the video, as well as color it red. which partly syncs with the music's lyrics (not the beat though) and a couple of people have reported the ending was also unsettling.

and some viewers found it easier to watch if they muted the music and played their own, as the original track is not only very hypnotic but quite somber at times, which i personally think works well as a juxtaposition to the brightly colored visuals.

overall i'm very pleased with how it turned out (which took me 14 months, half of which was research and testing) except the compression on these video streaming sites like youtube reduces the bitrate quality to a fraction of what the dvd and or blu-ray would likely be, if we (the music producer and myself) ever get enough content together for a disk release.