KatsBits Community

[Blender 2.62] issues, problems and changes

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Save the file with the 'broken' values. Create a clean new files and Append everything again... if the data comes in incorrect still then it's possibly a bug you need to report. If on Append everything looks OK then you probably just had some wonky data in the original file contents.

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
    • ratty's deviantart pages
understood i think. and i am not a coder so could be wrong, but surely there would be a way to flag user data and then only permit deleting either all user data, or specific user data, like the types i mentioned previously?

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
it is a bug imo, or at the very least poorly designed, as i've just tested using the factory settings, and if we define a background color for say the 3d view, by using the user preferences window > themes > 3d view, then go into the properties panel > world > world > horizon color and use it's color picker to copy the color from the 3d view, or the user preferences path, the result is the same color visually but with different values for rgb and hsv, unless the defined color is pure black or white.

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Well technically yes, but if you remember, in 2.49 the data links shown in the OOPS were actually limited to a selection so not everything was shown - so far as I've seen this behavior is carried into the newer versions as well. Having said that though, yes, if there was a way to select a datablock and do a sort of "right-click > properties" on it to see everything linking to and fro that would help a great deal as well as being able to delete specific blocks irregardless.

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
good point, and agreed.

ot: i've recently been listening to the blender podcasts and apparently the devs allow listeners/users to email them directly. i might try this as a way of submitting feature requests and reporting bugs, as i'm not too keen on that bug tracker site, although might give it another go if all else fails.

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
hmm, apparently it's not a bug, it's a feature. going into properties window > render > shading and turning off the default option of color management restores the world rgb and hsv to be the same as other user defined colors.