KatsBits Community

[MD5] export add-on for Blender 2.63+

nemyax · 58 · 90796

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Agreed, at least that way you'll be able to work out exactly what's causing the issue. If your output is OK then you know something in relation to the script is causing issues (even if that means the mesh isn't prepped correctly for it).

Offline nemyax

Changes:
Inline rather than start-of-line comments for export parameters
This caused issues with the 3ds max importer.
Higher precision for coordinates
Coordinate floats now have 10 decimal places for more compatibility with other tools.

Download: http://arxendofsun.solarsplace.com/downloads/io_scene_md5.zip
Works with Blender 2.64a.

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits

Offline tea monster

I'm getting the dreaded "Mesh contains XX vertices with zero weights assigned". I've tried cleaning the weights and normalizing them and still getting the error message.  How do you search through and find the ones with no weights assigned?

Offline nemyax

tea monster
Blender has a Show Zero Weights option in the toolbox (T). At least the more or less current versions do.
You should also make sure the mesh has no vertex groups other than those used by the bones. There was a related bug in the script at some point, and I don't remember if this old version has it. Have you considered updating? http://www.katsbits.com/smforum/index.php?topic=520.0
Blender is pushing 2.69, and pre-2.66 is quite old now.

Offline tea monster

Cheers, I found that weight cleaning tool.

What does it work up to? I've been using it with 2.63 as that is what it said on the thread title.

Offline nemyax

What does it work up to?
It stopped working in 2.66. The fix would be trivial (likely just an extra argument in the from_object() function), but I decided to drop the older versions in the 0.7 update.

Offline tea monster

So, is there an update that works with the latest version of Blender? I was in tears thinking I'd have to reinstall 2.49.

Offline nemyax

Just checked 0.7 with Blender 2.69RC, and it works fine (on a valid scene, hehe). Get the latest version from the link I posted above.

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Be careful testing on RC's.. scripts have broken innumerable times on public releases when they previously worked on RC's. And vice versa it should be noted. RC's results should be "advisory" or "subject to final confirmation" ;)

Offline tea monster

Thanks very much!

Is there any way to specify the shader path in this script?

Offline nemyax

tea monster
No, at this time you need to edit it manually. What do you think would be the best place to specify the path in Blender?