KatsBits Community

blender 2.63 armature ghost display?

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
    • ratty's deviantart pages
in the armature object data, there is a panel called ghost, which i assume is similar to the onion skinning display in some other animation apps? does anyone know how to enable the ghosts being drawn in the 3d view? i have my armature selected and in pose mode but i don't see any ghosts of the bones.

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
thanks nemyax, i can see the ghosts now, although i don't really understand what the range and step settings do, can you elaborate on them?

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
They basically just change the way the ghosting is displayed on screen, depending on what value you use you'll seem more or less 'ghosts' and or 'divisions' (increments) between each level of ghosting. The difference can be relatively subtle though (see below). The effect only appears to be active when in "Pose" mode (which is a shame), and only on the armature from what I can tell (which is an additional shame).

Ghosting with "Range: 10", "Steps: 5"

Ghosting with "Range: 5", "Steps: 10"

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
thanks kat, and i think i've learnt to read the ghost images now, they seem to leave trails of different lengths, depending on the range values, and the steps are, as you say, the increments between the ghosts. it's a shame the 'on keyframes' isn't more readable but i think these tools will help me fine tune my animations when needed.