KatsBits Community

Help with (Blender) fbx import to IMVU - clothing

Offline carly1717

• Workshops: IMVU
Hey, I'm have problems with importing my files to IMVU... I followed every step, weight paint, parenting to Amarture...you name it!

My problem ATM is... everything imports but my shirt keeps ending up on the floor or deformed!  :'(

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Hmm two things to try/watch out for;

1) when importing, in the Select Skeleton Root dialogue make sure to select the Armature that has the fewest number of bones, it'll typically be a choice between 88 or 86/87 (depending on the product). You want the option for 86/87.

2) If the above still doesn't work try forcing Blender to export the entire contents of the scene/project so... make sure nothing is selected (Select » None) and then in FBX export settings deselect Selected Objects - upon import you'll be presented with the Select Skeleton Root diag where you can set the right one to use.

Offline carly1717

• Workshops: IMVU
so I found out what I was doing wrong, when importing I forgot to check mark a box.... but now I'm have trouble with keeping the skin from sticking out of the seelves of the shirt... I'm gonna play around with weight paint some more and keep you up to date :) ty again!

Offline kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
If you're seeing the underlying skin showing through it means the mesh is too close so may need to be relaxed a little - obviously subject to the items design. To do this use the Shrink/Fatten tool. In Edit Mode select the parts you want to adjust, click the Shrink/Fatten button the tool bar, then click (left) drag the yellow node on the tool handle to modify the mesh.

Alternatively this can be done manually by selecting elements (vertices, edges and/or faces) and manipulating them, preferentially along their normals (set Normal as the Transform Orientation).