Game Editing > IMVU Creator Community

[IMVU] Composite Skins

<< < (2/2)

EdieMaye:
Thank you for the compliment, Kat.

And, as far as Skin Composites go. They are not simply limited to just skin tight meshes. You can make anything a Skin Composite as long as you have something under material slot 7 (Body) or Material slot 2 (Head) as a skin template. I originally tested with a circular disk floating in front of my avatar's torso. Mapped it to the skin template. It helped me understand the concept, but it sure wasn't anything pretty. Proper mapping to the skin template is key here.

You can actually take any article of clothing on IMVU and switch anything other than the skin tight layer to Skin Composite, add a black opacity, and see how funny it looks. If there isn't anything for the create mode to detect within the slots 2, 0r 7. It'll just give you a white diffusion as I have seen in the past for accessories, and for clothing they just vanish.

And, to better answer your foofy top idea. You'd create the skin composite first under material slot 0, Mesh ID 2. Then once you have confirmed it works properly import your next mesh for the foofy top assigned a material slot other than 0, 7, or 2 (2 Only if you are using a head skin composite.) Assign it a Mesh ID exceeding all the ones used for the body itself, (0-9 I believe.) So let's say use slot 23 for it. Then use your gray opacity for said mesh, but instead of selecting Skin Composite for this mesh. You select Use Blending.

Using the method you suggested would only work for something skin tight. (Image: A black material diffusion with a gray opacity map causes the diffusion to overlap with the composite.)

Otherwise it will map the entire outfit in a gray wash of your skin. (Image: A white diffusion with the same gray opacity map applied to the clothing while selecting skin composite rather than Use Blending.)

I hope this helps clarify for you.

kat:
Thanks for that additional info. Not being a clothing mesher composites have always been rather confusing, heh!

EdieMaye:
Happy to help.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version