KatsBits Community

General WIP

kat · 69 · 106038

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
    • ratty's deviantart pages
cool. as far as online art galleries, da is huge and has lots of server space. therefore they don't have to worry about users uploading too much content. i even have videos on there of a non game related project. many game modders and indie devs promote their work on da. although do keep smaller sites like katsbits in mind for more direct feedback.

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
kat, let me know if this is posted in the correct forum section?

these images are from one of my godot test maps showing debris physics objects of some of my wooden crates and vases.

each time the test is run the debris ends up in slightly different positions. my code chains together nearby breakable objects, so if one vase breaks its exploding debris might cause other vases to also break.

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
a godot test map with a moving omnidirectional light in front of the camera. it's a lot more effective in the engine than this still image can demonstrate.

currently i don't have any dynamic shadows enabled, so the lighting will become even more dramatic in the future.

the materials are non pbr and only the polys affect shading, so there are no normal maps etc.

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
wooden crates, barrels and clay vases and bowls made in blender and rendered in a godot engine test map. i'm now using pbr materials on all of my godot objects. textures made in paintdotnet.

another test map, this time with the latest version of cratom, my robot cat. he has slightly different proportions than previous versions.

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
kat, do you know how i can make the preview images smaller like my previous posts?

Online kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
Image size is okay, I think the smaller ones are from a previous setting but since then there's been a service upgrade.

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP
understood, cool.

i didn't get email notifications of your posts, i vaguely remember we had that issue in the past.

Online kat

• Administrator
    • KatsBits
understood, cool.

i didn't get email notifications of your posts, i vaguely remember we had that issue in the past.
Yep, Google again blocking mail. Not much can be done about that unfortunately.

Offline ratty redemption

• VIP