Game Editing > General Content Creation

General WIP

<< < (2/14) > >>

Asaeis Wi Vio:
The problem with adding a second low light value in this is that lights don't bounce in this engine, that's what I meant when I said that I didn't know how to substitute for the ambient light.

Hopefully there's a way to make the sky cast a blue ambient light, so that the places outside or in view of windows aren't pitch black in comparison; but i'm not sure about the interiors.

Allthough personally I didn't mind the lighting in Doom 3.

kat:

--- Quote from: Asaeis Wi Vio on June 02, 2010, 03:12:53 AM ---The problem with adding a second low light value in this is that lights don't bounce in this engine, that's what I meant when I said that I didn't know how to substitute for the ambient light..
--- End quote ---
You don't need to use an actual 'ambient' light if that's what you meant. So long as you can add another 'standard' light to the scene it'll act in the same way that tutorial points out; it's low value won't really effect the main light but it will lighten the shadows. It does depend on the engine though as I'm guessing based on the fact that it appears to have a decent 'dynamic' light set up(?).

Asaeis Wi Vio:
I know what you mean, but the problem with that would be that even the secondary ambient light would still have a hard shadow, since lights don't bounce, and might make the lighting look more messy on the geometory; and I couldn't add a light which doesn't cast shadows because the map isn't 100% outdoors. Having skylight (ambience) appearing even in interiors wouldn't look right unless in the presence of a window.

When I say a skylight, I mean a soft blue ambience which origionates from the sky surface itself, so that even that ambience is comming from somewhere.

silicone_milk:
Hey, I'm still around. Decided to stop lurking in the shadows. Here's what I've been up to the past two days - [dead image http://www.siliconemilk.com/music/toph_sketch6.png]

Character sheet for Toph from Avatar: The Last Airbender to be used as a modeling guide. I want her rigged and ready for animation within 6 months.

kat:
Saw the sketch you had up on Q3W and thought that was pretty good, I remember your few early scribbles from a while back so you've improved a lot. Character wise I'm liking this, I hope you keep the 'clumsiness' that's shown by the overall proportions of the design, lends a 'roughness' that people all to often try to 'design-out' of their work.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version