Game Editing > 3D Modeling & Content Creation

Add drawing to grid

(1/3) > >>

JanXuan:
Is it possible to add a jpg 3D view drawing to the grid to help as a guide for a project?
So I am not talking about a Blender drawing.
Or, for that matter, is it possible to extract objects from such a drawing?

JanXuan:
I thought that I had a solution for this. I used the drawing as material and stretched the cube to the grid, then I made a plane which I went to shape into a wing, however to find out that the plane had become a face on the cube, which I could not move independently.  ;D ;D ;D

Never mind, I figured it out.

kat:
To answer your original question, yes they can be added using "Background Images". They need to be jpg, png, tiff or other recognised format. Basically, press "N" to access the "3D View Properties" panel. Scroll down to the bottom and activate "Background Images". Browse to and select the image you want, then load. Only works in Orthographic views though, not 3D perspective.

JanXuan:
Thanks. That did not help me much though.:)
I'll have to work it out with my own solution.  ;D ;D ;D

kat:
That's actually the other way to do it, UV map the image onto a flat surface. To make sure it works correctly the surface needs to measure the same size as the image, e.g., a 1024x768 pixel image should be mapped to a 1024x768 UNIT surface (or 10.24x7.68 etc.).

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version