Game Editing > 3D Modeling & Content Creation

[ASE] problem exporting mesh for Radiant

(1/3) > >>

Polda18:
Hello everyone. I downloaded Export addon script for exporting to ASE (Ascii Scene Export), that is labeled to be for Blender version 2.56 - it is the last version available here. I have Blender v2.73a (it's not the newest, but was at the time when downloaded and installed). I was successful to install MD3 Export and activate it (though it's not working much correctly; it's a version 2.63a), but I can't the hell activate the ASE Export as it's not even listed in the Import-Export list and even it's not available in Disabled nor already Enabled. I just installed the script both by extracting manually to the addons folder in %APPDATA% and both by installing the ZIP file by Blender GUI, but nothing helped :(

Is it some kind of script not supported anymore? I need to export to ASE to make the model be moveable throughout the directories inside PK3 file and to make it easily configurable for the new location (I mean edit the model's textures names to reflect new location). For my personal usage I can use MD3 Export as I make it in fixed location 8)

[EDIT] moved and renamed topic. kat

kat:
This is the latest working version for newer versions of Blender. It's best to install scripts from the User Preferences now as Blender's internal behaviour has changed a little bit from the days of dropping files directly into the Scripts folder.

Polda18:
Thank you, it finally added the Export function to the list :)

Polda18:
The exported ASE model crashed my GtkRadiant :( I am mapping for Quake III Arena. I attached the ASE file (due to ASE extension not allowed I had to enclose it to ZIP file). I also attached the Blender file to compare...

Why it causes crash? :(

kat:
Will take a look...

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version