Game Editing > 3D Modeling & Content Creation

[Unreal][U1] Exporting .T3D files from Blender to Unreal

<< < (3/3)

kat:
Hmm... 8:8 shouldn't give you issues in terms of grid accuracy (snapping to *an* increment of the Editors grid) because they are divisible 'power of two' values (2 x 8 = 16 and 8 / 2 = 4) on the same sliding scale as the ones you ended up using. If you're trying to match something specifically though then yes, increase/decrease values to suit (8:8 are generic 'BSP' values). The best way to know for sure is to export a standard block from UnrealEd that's snapped to, and fits, the grid needed that can then be imported into Blender as a reference. Glad you got there in the end though ;o)

Asaeis Wi Vio:
Hey again,

Eventually I decided to go with using static meshes for all of the organic geometry featured in the project, as meshes are capable of vertex lighting, and static meshes are capable of lighting verteces depending on whether they can be raytraced to a light source (which is useful). Myself and others have made alot more progress on this project since I last posted; I might post some shots in the WIP section or something.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version