Game Editing > 3D Modeling & Content Creation

HINTS & TIPS - rocks

<< < (2/3) > >>

Savage:
Agreed, I think he is just showing basics though and he doesn't have much time with youtube. I like to bake my normal and a corresponding ambient occlusion to use to develop my own diffuse so yes, I know what you mean. I find it easier to create my own diffuse because, like you said, it is hard to find exactly what you want and even then, it may not match up right so... Agreed. Sometimes I may use a texture I found but I'll try to work in my own taste with blending and whatever. It never ends up looking like it once was though. Anyways, I'm really glad to be hear, I'm sure we have a lot to learn from each other. Going to be awesome! Thanks again. I'll post more when I have time.

ratty redemption:
@ savage, interesting and we're looking forward to seeing more of your work when you have time, be it models or textures :)

speaking of which I should of made that clear previously, blender is the main 3d app we use but there are also texture artists and coders who hang out here that teach us about various aspects of their games work :)

kat:
This is a good one on modular objects
http://philipk.net/tutorials/modular_rocks/modular_rocks.html

ratty redemption:
kat, thanks that's an excellent html tutorial :)

silicone_milk:
interesting

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version