Game Editing > Scripts & Support

[MD5] IMPORT & EXPORT for Blender 2.72+ (the Arx EOS addon)

<< < (2/3) > >>

nemyax:

--- Quote from: kat on April 01, 2014, 09:39:28 AM ---...Action...
...basic Action sequence generation...

--- End quote ---
Actions have nothing to do with this script. It doesn't use them.
SirGordon
Here's the documentation page on weight painting in Blender: http://wiki.blender.org/index.php/Doc:2.6/Manual/Modeling/Meshes/Vertex_Groups/Weight_Paint
Make sure every vertex has some weight for at least one appropriate bone. A quick way to find non-weighted vertices is to select all bones in pose mode and drag them away (and cancel this midway of course). The vertices that are left behind are non-weighted.
EDIT:
Your vertices are in fact all weighted. Apparently you haven't included all the deforming bones in the exportable bone layer. Try putting all of them in that layer and re-exporting.

oladitan:
Hello. i am using blender 2.63. I am trying to export an MD5 animation with nemyax
 MD5 exporter. After moving all the bones in the armature to layer 5. I still get this error when I try to export :

--- Code: ---location:<unknown location>:-1
Traceback (most recent call last):
  File "C:\Users\oladitan\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.63\script
s\addons\io_scene_md5.py", line 699, in execute
    write_md5anim(self.filepath, prerequisites, correctionMatrix, None)
  File "C:\Users\oladitan\AppData\Roaming\Blender Foundation\Blender\2.63\script
s\addons\io_scene_md5.py", line 290, in write_md5anim
    bm.from_object(mo, bpy.context.scene)
TypeError: an integer is required

--- End code ---

I have uploaded the blend file for you to reproduce the error. Thanks.

[EDIT]merged your topic with script topic. kat

nemyax:
oladitan
Note that the latest version of the script is not compatible with Blender 2.65 and earlier. Is there a particular reason you haven't updated to 2.71?
One of the changes introduced in the 2.66 Python API is that the from_object() method of a bmesh takes two arguments instead of one. You can try editing the script file to replace this:

--- Code: ---bm.from_object(mo, bpy.context.scene)
--- End code ---
with this:

--- Code: ---bm.from_object(mo)
--- End code ---
But I suggest you update Blender instead.

Jason:
First, I wanna thank you for creating this script and releasing it to the public; it had proven invaluable. I do have one concern atm though. My export doesn't seem to register when I scale a bone in a keyframe, while blender and other formats do. Am I missing something?

nemyax:
Jason
MD5 has no support for bone scaling. Use a translation-based rig.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version