General Category > Public Discussion

My Portfolio

(1/4) > >>

silicone_milk:
Hey guys, I know I had linked to my site in the private section of the forums but I wanted to publicly post that my portfolio is now online at http://www.siliconemilk.com

I would really appreciate it if I could get some feedback on it (ignoring the Art section) and receive suggestions on how to improve the site.

kat:
Add a couple of screen grabs from the games you're worked on, linking to the site is good (obviously) it would be better for you too show some game shots on your site so you directly associate some sense of 'ownership' over what you did in each context. Incidentally, you need to add "target="_blank"" to your external links otherwise you're 'loosing' visitor by loading over your site - always open external sites in a new page.

silicone_milk:
Thanks Kat :)

I was working on changing up the layout and personalizing the web site rather than relying on the templates from Dreamweaver since that was an often-repeated "complaint" amongst viewers.

Right now the server is offline since I'm moving to a new place and all of my hardware is in some boxes right now.

But, here are two shots of the new design:
First Draft

Second Draft - lights on navbar removed since they didnt tile very well.

Playing with the tables for the programming page and trying to get the images to align correctly.

ratty redemption:
I like that layout milk as it reminds me of q2 :)

silicone_milk:

It should remind you of Q2. The template I'm designing uses Evilair's eq2 texture set :)

Website's been offline for a week or two now since I moved and haven't gotten around to hooking the server up again.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

Go to full version