General Category > Blog

Blender 3D and the monster that kills

<< < (2/2)

ratty redemption:
i emphasise with you kat, and although i haven't tried the latest builds, i agree about the documentation. even as far back as 2.49b, there are descriptions of tools that had their names changed or buttons moved, so even for me, who has been using blender for years, i still have to read between the lines with some of the documentation.

kat:
Found it after (wasting?) doing a bit of research into this. I'm just updating one of the tutorials with this info but it basically requires a change to ones workflow as the settings have been changed and moved to a new sub-system. So far as I can tell right now, making something two-sided is 'global' and per material rather than per-face; in essence they've got rid of "Texture Face" settings so we can no longer assign properties 'outside' of a material applied to a mesh - the advantage was that a mesh could be assigned a single material whilst several different properties were applied to a face itself.

The way it is now means there needs to be a separate material for each property that's to be assign to an individual (or group) of faces; not a problem in of itself except where game content requires the use of a limited number of materials (and there are some situations where this is applicable).

* "Texture Face" settings are now "Game Settings"

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[*] Previous page

Go to full version