Game Editing > Scripts & Support

[MD3] EXPORT script for Blender 2.5+/2.6+

<< < (14/15) > >>

D-Meat:
Problem solved : you have to select the object you want to export, and export separately head, torso and legs.

I haven't tested in the engine yet :)

kat:
Yup, it's always best to export objects separately (at present) otherwise the compounded mesh data (the export of several things at once) may cause various errors on export. Glad you got it sorted though.

You *can* export a full skeleton (not all MD3 usages need the upper/lower/etc split), but yes it will likely cause problems come time to test in the tech you're using because it'll be looking for 'properly' set up content. Certainly agree that having to do that can make animating confusing!

P.S. moved your post to this tech topic and tidied the old one (how to) up so there's less confusion over where these types of question can be asked.

Strategee:
Hi !
I use "MD3 export for 2.63a with "tag_" support" and i have always the same problem with size.
When i export it, the size of my model is really too big and even resize in blender doesnt work.
Also the option in export script fail.

By the way, i I tried export .3ds and the size is correct.

Idea to fix it ?

PS : I love this fix about tag <3.

kat:
Have you tried using "Apply" ("Ctrl+A") on the mesh and armature before export? Be careful doing this with the Armature though, if it has Action sequences they may break (this happens because Blender set a keyframes positional data relative to the original coordinates attributed to individual bones, change those and it alters the resulting exported data, in other words Blender ends up exporting the model as if it were much larger than it actually is).

Strategee:
Hi-bis
Thank you for your quick answer.
In reality i test with no bones/armature and with a unique frame (but i tried ctrl + a).
I guess i need armature and keyframe to fix size ?
I go work on it and i post here if i'm still stuck =D.

In all cases thx for your help :P

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version