Game Editing > Scripts & Support

[MD3] EXPORT script for Blender 2.5+/2.6+

<< < (2/15) > >>

kat:
I think so yes, it's been a while since I've done anything Quake 3 related so I've not got the game installed to be able to check but iirc all the skin file did was reference a shader?

motorsep:
yeah, or texture. For example, if you have you shader name in the model as "bunny", then the shader file will look as following:

bunny,models/animals/bunny

You can either have a shader in the models.shader called "models/animals/bunny" or you can have bunny.tga in models/animals/ folder.

kat:
Hmm... currently I've got the *.blend file set up so the material, texture and image name (datablocks) are all using the same 'name', "bunnysneaky", which is the same as the file itself "bunnysneaky.tga". That image is loaded using relative paths so it appears in the "Source:" block as "//bunnysneaky.tga".

The mesh is exporting but in the md3 viewer applying a skin or an actual texture image just renders the object black, which usually means there's a texture loading issue somewhere. Now I can't quite remember if the texture image datablocks in Blender are supposed to reflect the 'shader' path, meaning the text fields (Texture > Image > datablock ID) should be written as "/models/path/texture" and not just "texturename" because the script gets the actual pathing info from there, or at least it used to?.

kat:
Before you ask... no, the script doesn't work (yet) in 2.60  ;)

motorsep:
I am not too familiar with MD3 format. I, however, had to modify script itself (ASE exporter for 2.49) so it can append proper prefix (path) to the texture. Maybe it can be done to MD3 script too?

EDIT: Do you know if MD3 exporter can export shape keys animation (flapping flag) ?

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version