Game Editing > Scripts & Support

[MD3] EXPORT script for Blender 2.5+/2.6+

<< < (3/15) > >>

kat:
Not sure about the shape keys question, can you 'bake' the frames to the time line like you can using bones? If you can do that then there might be a possibility it can (I can't think of any objects in the original game [Q3] that had that type of movement).

Re the script: it does appear in the AddOns list, but it's just not selectable. Not sure if that means the script won't work overall or just that it needs a tweak. I'll take a look.

dmc2143:
First off, hi everybody, this is my first post on your forum.
I've been testing this script in Blender 2.6 and come across this error.

line 549, in save_md3
uv_u = round(nobj.active_uv_texture.data[f].uv[v][0],5)
AttributeError : 'Mesh' object has no attribute 'active_uv_texture'

Does anyone know where Blender 2.6 is currently hiding our uv data??

kat:
Can't help you on this one but you certainly got further than I had, couldn't even get it to run!. Looks like another round of deep changes in Blender have taken place in 2.6.

Welcome by the way  ;)

dmc2143:
Thanks for the kind welcome :)
It loaded right up for me with no problems, will even export all the mesh data. Looks to be very close to working fully, just a small back step with uvs.

EDIT: I got it working, just getting some test results from a few people, then Kat will post it in the tools section.

kat:
Added download link to the first post in the topic above.. adding to the tools page as well. Good job updating this for 2.60a.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version