General Category > FAQ on games, gaming & IT

SCAM WARNING: Illusion Mage, 3D Magix Pro, Mirage Wizard - do NOT buy

<< < (4/9) > >>

kat:

--- Quote from: JeroenM on February 02, 2011, 09:04:07 PM ---..He probably got help...
--- End quote ---

It's not "help" so much as "affiliates".. That's how these scams work, someone puts a product up for sale on ClickBank.net/cbengine.com and people linking back to it get a cut of the price. The articles spam is to capture Google advert revenue, that's what was meant by the "win-win" comment. There are entire networks out there taking advantage of this kind of thing.

JeroenM:
With "help" I mean that he's tempting, or luring if you like, people to do the job for him through his afilliates program.

kat:
Personally I'd be less kind than saying they're being lured... participation in this scam seems largely 'deliberate' from what I've been seeing over the past few months looking at what pops up, so I don't get the same sense of the affiliates being 'hoodwinked' or otherwise 'persuaded' into taking part - they see price, see the percentage commission, create the account and then add the links to their already established traffic funneling networks, usually already carry dozens of other link-backs to other items for the same reasons. They class this kind of thing as "marketing entrepreneurship". We'd call it something else ;o)

JeroenM:
Agreed, But my point is: he gets people doing the job for him. And personally i think that includes writing all those "reviews". At http[:]//www[.]illusionmage[.]com/affiliates.htm he even offers prewritten article packs (point 5 an 7 of the affiliates program)

kat:
Oh yes that's what I mean, that's how these affiliate systems work, you get more people on-board if you can make it easier for them to do so. It's all very deliberate and calculated to get the highest returns possible with the least amount of effort (or originality). When I first started to look into this in early December last year, search results pulled in around 90k depending on which terms you used - "illusion mage", "illusionmage", "illusionmage3d" and so on. Now some of those return 250k+ search results, all of which will be earning Advert revenue from Google, you don't get that kind of return without a concerted effort on behalf of the participants.

Navigation

[0] Message Index

[#] Next page

[*] Previous page

Go to full version